Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thing #3

A blog can be a great tool in the classroom. I plan to teach Art, and a blog could be a good way to keep parents informed about what their children are doing in the classroom. As a teacher I could create a separate posting for each art project that the students will be working on. The blog could include what materials are being used and an example of what the final project will look like. Some art history about the projects could also be involve as well.

Posting these before each lesson, would inform the students and parents about what projects are coming up. This allows students to dress appropriately and make sure that they have all the special materials, if any needed for the project. This will allow the parents to become involved and know what I am teaching their children.

A blog would also be a good place for students to post suggestions, on what they would like to learn in the classroom, what materials they would like to try or any other ideas they may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment